Sunday, February 27, 2011

Facebook

Dilemma: Facebook (& the internet in general) is my link to people & real life, since I cannot get out & do many of the things typical folks without rampant autism in their families can do. Without it, I would be even more isolated than I already am. The problem is that every time I get online, I am faced with friends' well meaning posts about how wonderful their lives are, how much fun they had going to this place or that, and how blessed they are to have the families they do. It just brings it all home how different & difficult my life is in comparison.

So do I continue to log in, to keep my link with the world but be constantly reminded how much my life sucks in comparison, or do I get offline & remain even more isolated than I am?

No comments:

Post a Comment