Thursday, February 10, 2011

House Rules

We're reading this book for our book club. It was my suggestion. I hadn't read it; someone had suggested it to me because it's about a single mom with an Asperger's son who gets accused of murder, and I'm a single mom with an Aspie son as well as one on the low functioning end of the Autism scale. We were looking for suggestions of what to read for the month, so I threw this one out there & they all agreed.

I'm really regretting it now. I'm about halfway through the book, and I honestly don't know if I can finish it. Difficult barely begins to describe how it is to read this book; to go through all the things this mom goes through; basically, I'm living all the crappy parts of my life all over again. Every raw emotion; every doubt for the future.... it just hits home way too close. I can't even write any more on this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment