Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My Amazing Son

I was wrapping presents last night, and realized that for the first time ever, I had more presents for Mikey than David. This is an anomaly because, well, to keep it super simple - David is verbal and Mikey is not so much. David has always been able to tell me what he wants, and has even been known to make elaborate and detailed lists. Mikey is quite the enigma - if you can get him to tell you what he wants, he may not want it anymore by the time Christmas rolls around. This being the case, if there's something I'm sure Mikey likes and will continue to like (for example, Disney Villains), I will grab the cheapo coloring book of Disney Villains when I see it in August & stash it away till Christmas.

I guess I'd been doing that quite a lot, because I had all sorts of bits & bobs for Mikey, yet only a couple things for David. So I go the direct route & ask David what he would like for Christmas, since he hadn't made a list. He says, "Oh, I don't really want anything - I have so much already. Maybe something handmade." GASP! This came from a 14 year old boy? My son is simply amazing, and now I want to give him the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment