Monday, November 29, 2010

Dating

I don't do it. Really. Why do people find it so hard to believe that I don't have a desire to date? I've been married once - gods, that was enough. If Prince Charming rang my doorbell tonight, I'd want to see a copy of his credit report and statements from his friends & exes, not to mention a note from his mother before letting him set a foot inside (I've discovered that most men who still have issues with their mothers at this age should be run away from, very quickly).

I'm a single mom, and have been for a long time. Hell, one could even say I was a single mom while I was married - or at least that I had another child. I've been doing it on my own for so long, I don't need someone to help me take care of things. And I'm ok with that. The big question is; why does no one else seem ok with that? It's usually my married friends who want to fix me up or tell me they know someone who would be great for me. Do they just want me to suffer, too? :-) I like the closet space, sleeping when I want to, and I've trained my boys to put the seat down.

All kidding aside, I just don't have time for it. I have 2 autistic teenage boys. They take up a LOT of time. They also come first. Anyone knows, relationships take up a lot of time. Also, people in relationships want to feel like they're the most important thing in the relationship, and I just don't have that to give. It wouldn't be fair to anyone.



Ok, I wrote those previous three paragraphs back in early September. Then I went to Sasha's Halloween Yoga extravaganza where Laurel did a card reading for me, and my whole world went crashing down. She had the gall to tell me I needed to let go of my bitterness & open up. Well hell! I was damn good about rationalizing my feelings away & not dealing with the crap that's built up. I was an expert. Nothing pisses me off more than someone seeing through me. Guess I have some work to do. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment